Frequently Asked Questions
See the answers to the most asked questions about PostBox.
How often is the Today View updated?
Stories are updated every 1-2 days. In the case of PostBox beta, the interval between updates can last up to 3 days. Reddit feeds are updated in realtime with a delay of up to 30 minutes.
Why don't I see new content?
PostBox is still in development. If you content does not refresh, please try the solutions below. If the problem persists, please verify the status of the Today View with @PostBoxTeam on Twitter or through the Discord server, then file a bug report.
- Trigger a reload. Pulling to refresh or changing reddit feed settings will ask PostBox to refresh the feed.
- Refresh the app. If you suspect that your PostBox feed has not been updated, please quit the app and relaunch.
Will there be new feeds on PostBox?
Of course! We are constantly looking for and accepting new sources of information to incorporate in PostBox. Here are some of the future feeds we are considering to add.
- r/iOSthemes Brought to you by r/jailbreak, r/iOSthemes is a subreddit for sharing and discussing themes for jailbroken iOS devices.
- Best Tech Info iCrackUriDevice's Official Website. Founded in 2011, BestTechInfo has undergone a number of changes over the years. However, after 8 years, they continue to deliver jailbreak and tech news on a consistent basis.
How often is the Package View updated?
Packages are updated every 3 days. In the case of PostBox beta, the interval between updates can last up to 5 days. We are planning to shorten the update interval further after the official release.
Where can I submit packages to feature?
Starting with PostBox Beta 4, you can directly submit packages to feature through the "Curate" button on the bottom of package depictions.
How do I download packages?
After tapping "Free", or any button with a price tag, you will see a pop-up that will prompt you to choose a package manager to install the package. Not applicable to non-jailbroken users.
Why are some packages "Unknown"?
Currently, PostBox requires the repository of the selected package to be added and refreshed in order to see its content. For now, navigate to the selected package and follow the steps shown.
Will PostBox ever be a package manager?
For now, no. In the far future, maybe.
How often is the Repos View updated?
Repos are updated every 5-7 days. We are expecting to decrease the refresh inteval after the official release of PostBox.
I added repos in PostBox, why don't I see it in other package managers?
PostBox does not automatically add repos to other package managers. Instead, you can copy the list of repos onto your Clipboard and paste them elsewhere.
How many repos are in the PostBox database?
We currently have a total of 247 unique repos.
How long does it take for my story to be processed?
Stories should take around 2-3 days to organize and process before it is published. In the case of PostBox beta, please expect up to 7 days of wait time.
Why don't I see my story after the designated wait time?
We are human, and we read and process all contributed content by hand. In cases of delay, we will try our best to notify you. There are some cases where your story may be rejected by our team.
- Story queueing. In some cases where are are large amounts of stories, your content may be published at a later time than usual in order to maintain a reasonable flow of information.
- Unrelated. or inappropriate content: Any content contributed to us that is unrelated to jailbreaking will be rejected unless specified by @PostBoxTeam. The submission of inappropriate is strictly forbidden and may result in consequences.
- We did not receive your story. Sorry, this is the worst case scenario. Either you forgot to hit "Submit", or we encountered some technical problems. In either case, we will contact your ASAP regarding the situation.